Mongolia Visa Extension

If you have come into the country on a 30 day tourist visa, its possible to extend for another 30 days. You can do this at the Office of Immigration (INFC) in Ulaanbaatar, which is down by Peace Bridge (look in the LP). Extensions cost around $2 a day. You can get the extension about a week before your visa expires, but only if you already registered at the INFC office when you arrived.

If you have come in on a US passport and stayed your 90 days you can’t extend the visa (because you never got a visa!). However, if you buy an exit visa (for $100) you can stay an extra 10 days, which gives you 100 days in the country for $100.

If you get a job in UB, like teaching English, your employer will get you a long term registration. Otherwise, you could pop down to Erlian (on the Chinese border) and come straight back, but this involves a lot of work as its a two day train trip and you’ll need to buy a Chinese visa.

google custom search on Mongolia Holiday

Posted by:
Having spent a few months in the amazing Mongolia for the past few years, PkTan is fascinated with this beautiful, complicated country. He love advising travellers to Mongolia and have developed this site to share all his knowledge of Mongolia with everyone.

Tourism Mongolia thrives on the knowledge of the community. Got a tip, photo or even a guide on a place you been to in Mongolia? We will love to hear from you!

Leave a Reply